I haven't posted in a while, mostly because of reasons,* but I do apologize. To make up for that, I would like to share about how I recently have been introduced to the concept of listicles. What is a listicle? It is an article made up of a list (or lists), solely for the purpose of posting something easy, light, and entertaining. Supposedly, I should write a listicle if I'm having trouble coming up with things to post. (Oops. Was I not supposed to mention that?) So, without further ado, here are some lists for you!
Things I have been reading lately:
1. Overqualified by Joey Comeau (A hilarious set of overly truthful cover letters)
2. Personal Days by Ed Park (A novel about a bunch of people who work in an office)
3. Call Me Mrs. Miracle by Debbie Macomber (Yes, it's a Christmas book and I'm not even ashamed that I watched the movie afterwards)
4. City Love by Susane Colasanti (Yes, I do read a number of books at the same time)
5. The Cage by Megan Shepherd (Come on now, no one said I couldn't do that)
6. The Accidents of Style by Charles Harrington Elster (Everyone in every vocation should read this)
Things I have been writing lately:
4. This list.
It's true. I've spent much more time reading than writing. I mean, that list would be at least twice, if not three times as long if I included all the books I read to my son on a daily basis. But I'm not discouraged. Sometimes I need to do a good clean sweep by reading a lot of outside writing and then I can get back into my own stuff with a fresh mind. Anyway, there we have it. A listicle!
*Reasons include: being a bookaholic mommy and librarian.